We decided to stick with Gerard Gabriel because there's just no other way! Can't wait to meet you Gerard.
In preparation, we are slowly buying his clothes and setting up his college fund so we don't roll over in stress later with tuition costs. He must be excited because he was moving around a lot late last night as I was opening up an account, and also this morning on my way to work. We're also excited enough to get something like this started so early. I really hope his movements are not the result of the caffeine I had earlier yesterday because I've been craving so bad and depriving myself of coffee for weeks now (and in fact, during this whole pregnancy). Doctor said it's ok to have 1-2 cups a day, but I've avoided it for the most part so when I'm reaaaally craving I go for a very small cup or a few sips at the most. I've only had coffee of such amounts twice during this time. Although my dosage of chocolate is far more than that of coffee, even if I only have it every now and then. I'm not a big fan of chocolate to start with.
Yesterday in mass, the priest was talking about the end of the world and how we should be prepared because we can not expect the moment. He was contrasting it to the kind of preparation an expecting mother goes through, and the way he described that was exactly how it feels! The changes, the preparation, the anticipation, etc are all exciting times but nothing like the preparation for the end. LOL. In the meantime, we are straightening out our lives and habits and preparing a good path for Gerard so as the end of the world approaches, we'll be sure he is raised a good person.
These new pants I bought last weekend are cool, but I forgot to cut out the security tag sewed on to it and I was setting off alarms at every store I've walked in and out of on Sunday. Something to laugh about. I just saw the tag this morning, though, so it's not like I was completely aware!
Anyhoo, it hasn't been a great start of a Monday for me. Not only have I been getting morning gagness, but when I was preparing my breakfast, I knocked my cereal bowl while opening my box of milk, and the cereal went flying towards the floor and I salvaged what I could off the counter. A majority remained in the bowl. Keep in mind this was a small box of "travel" cereal so there wasn't much to begin with. On the way back to my desk at work while carrying the bowl in one hand and the rest of the milk in the other, my elbow knocked something and I almost lost the bowl too! So more cereal and milk spilled all over my work station. Oh and the first crap I committed this morning was losing one of my contact lenses while I was trying to put it on! I dropped it somewhere in the bathroom and couldn't find the damn thing! Luckily I still have glasses and it's actually the time of the month for me to dispose of those lenses anyway... I just now have to find my new lenses that were packed away somewhere when I moved out of my apartment.
Our next appointment is in about 2 and a half weeks (my birthday which I should be taking a day off for anyway!) and we hope to have more good news! Can't believe the year is almost over. It's been wild and awesome and sad at the same time.
-Rio
p.s. To answer Nikki's question on the guestbook, yup, I'm having the wobbly walk now. And having a harder time getting in and out of my car and bed!
0 comments:
Post a Comment