We had our first prenatal check up today, along with a couple of pictures of the little being. Dr. Rittenhouse was able to get a good shot of it showing the arm and leg buds and a big tail! So papa Egan called it a Salamander. Until we have a formal name, that's what this little one will be called. This was a smooth appointment. For some reason, Dr wants me in for an early gestational diabetes blood test, so when I called the perinatal lab for an appointment, they said it was a bit too early before 11 weeks and they might not be able to get any significant results. But they scheduled me anyway for my 11th week because Dr wants results before I see him again on May 27. We brought future big brother Gerard to this appointment so he could experience this special moment. Though he has no idea what it all means, we can tell him he was there to hear new baby's heartbeat, and we all looked at the live ultrasound together. So that was today! I told my work supervisor about my situation and she responded very warmly. I'm not quite keen on making such a big hoopla about this pregnancy (kind of like my first) so I'll take my time telling whomever I feel like as time passes. Oh but then again, I have a feeling I might just tell one person a day. :)
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Papa calls it a salamander
We had our first prenatal check up today, along with a couple of pictures of the little being. Dr. Rittenhouse was able to get a good shot of it showing the arm and leg buds and a big tail! So papa Egan called it a Salamander. Until we have a formal name, that's what this little one will be called. This was a smooth appointment. For some reason, Dr wants me in for an early gestational diabetes blood test, so when I called the perinatal lab for an appointment, they said it was a bit too early before 11 weeks and they might not be able to get any significant results. But they scheduled me anyway for my 11th week because Dr wants results before I see him again on May 27. We brought future big brother Gerard to this appointment so he could experience this special moment. Though he has no idea what it all means, we can tell him he was there to hear new baby's heartbeat, and we all looked at the live ultrasound together. So that was today! I told my work supervisor about my situation and she responded very warmly. I'm not quite keen on making such a big hoopla about this pregnancy (kind of like my first) so I'll take my time telling whomever I feel like as time passes. Oh but then again, I have a feeling I might just tell one person a day. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment