Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First earthyear


It was heartily discussed at home that Gerard's REAL first birthday was the day he was born, so it's more appropriate to call his birth anniversaries "earth year," marking how long he's been on earth. So on that note, Gerard's first earth year was marked on a wonderful day at a great beach/picnic ground. It was raining in San Francisco for the most part of the week, and I'm glad the sun stayed out all day on Easter Sunday. It was a bit breezy, but nonetheless, the perfect day. Friends and family rolled out from all corners of the bay area. I set up an egg hunt for the kids, which was a big hit. It bothered me, though, that adults who were walking through and saw eggs on the ground started opening the shells and taking the candy out, and then leaving the opened shells back where they were. I know it's a public place, but damn, it's Easter, there are kids and that was for them! But anyway... the food was good, company was great, and Gerard had no idea it was all for him. He didn't cry at all! I think it was just another day for him. For Egan and myself, it was a milestone. We survived the first earthyear of our son's existence! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment