Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Is he really 3 already?

Three years ago today, I had no idea that I would be giving birth in a few days. I hope to never forget the very day I was sent to the hospital to get induced. That was April 10, 2008.

I gave birth to Gerard on April 11 and it's been one crazy ride. I'm looking at his baby picture on our wall as I write this, and am remembering those first few weeks. He was so tiny and clueless and all he knew was how to cry for milk.

Now we have an energy-filled toddler who can not stop talking, running, jumping and sleeps like a rock at night.

Shortly after he was born, a song by The Platters stuck with me and I have since dedicated it to Gerard. "Only You" described every ounce of feeling I had when I finally felt that connection with him as his mama. It took me a few days because his whole existence in my life was still overwhelming me and it was hard to believe I had a child.

I love him ever so dearly, and wish him a very good third year.

This blog entry is just about his birthday, I have another one to write :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment