Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An entry about Aubrey

What can I say about my little girl that hasn't been said yet? Well, a lot of things! She is always on to something and it's never a dull day with this chickypoo.

Yesterday evening, we took the kids to the mall just so they could get out of the house. Our first stop was Nordstrom. So there went Gerard running around, and there I was with Aubrey... following her as she picked out specific women shoes, and pulling them off the table as if she wanted to try them on. I mean, she was really shopping! But I didn't buy her anything. We just got that girl a pair of La Costes, $30 for her little feet! And she won't even wear them that long! My $40 shoes last me for 10 years!! Just saying.

Anyway. This Tuesday morning, I was rushing to get out of the house because it's street cleaning. But before I could leave, I was trying to fix our magic jack connection so that my grandma-in-law would have a phone in case of an emergency. I got fed up not knowing how to fix it, so I gave up and hoped that nothing might happen. I went calling for Aubrey so that she and I could go to grandpa's house, and what did I see?

A GIRL COVERED IN LOTION!!! It

was a little horrific at first -- I mean, a little person whose face and head were doused with creamy white stuff. But well, I had to LAUGH. And I had to take a photo. She let me take her photo, and then I had to decide whether I should bathe her first, or move my car out of ticket's way. It took me about a minute to realize I didn't want a ticket at all, so I rushed out of the house to move the car.

I came back and gave her a quick bath. Of course I got wet all over, and had to change too. Needless to say, I was late to work. But looking back, it was a worthy funny moment. I swear, if she did this to me at the age of 12, I would have smacked her. But since she's only 1, it was cute.



0 comments:

Post a Comment