Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I couldn't be any prouder as a parent based on our weekend.

I took the kids and myself to our annual eye check up: Gerard's second and Aubrey's first. Aubrey was a bit difficult to examine, but doctor got a decent look at her, and said everything looks good based on that. We will try again next year!

Gerard did very well. At first, he was hesitant to have his eyes photographed by an assistant. So doctor took him in right away as they had techniques for younger patients. He had to show doctor which directions the hands were pointing. That was cute. 

Later that afternoon, Gerard and I had dental appointments. He did very, very well. Our dentist was very glad to have a patient like him at that age -- she said that he was very cooperative and he was. He let her clean his teeth without a fuss. It helped a whole lot that I had him sit in the corner and watch me while I was being worked on. 

I forget which doctor it was now who commented that he had very good speech at his age. We try not to speak in baby tongue to either child. It works.

-----

Lately, we've been having to correct Gerard in saying his name. He switches speaking in 1st and 3rd persons, and when he does 3rd, he tends to say his name as "Jard" or "Jad." i.e. "Jard want that" -- to which we ask immediately: "what's your name?" He would then respond with, "Gerard. Not Jid." Cute! But now he's been playing games with us. He tells us his name is Jid. 

-----

This morning, Aubrey was crying her usual for her morning milk. I tried to calm her down by saying "come on, girl!" while her papa got up to prepare a bottle. She eventually stopped crying and started to mimic me with her own version of "come on, girl!" I love her. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment