Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Halloween!

We had a typical Halloween weekend, but some moments are absolutely worth sharing!

On Friday, I brought Gerard to work with me, while Aubrey spent a "lady day" with Grandma. We were having a Halloween party at work, and I thought Gerard would enjoy being in his costume and seeing my colleagues in theirs. I rented Thomas & Friends DVD's to keep him occupied at my desk but that didn't work well because after the first disc, he didn't want to watch any of it at all. So some of my kind co-workers brought him around to collect candy.

By the time our party started, he got sleepy (it was already past his usual naptime). He wasn't impressed with anything, and he eventually fell asleep in his "uncle" Joe's arms and then I took over carrying him. Then we had an afternoon merienda in which he enjoyed some porridge and beer (Sprite).

Aubrey, from what Grandma says, had a great time herself. She is always ever the social bee that wants to be out and seeing people! She supposedly picked up a new habit of bending sideways and popping up her head while she accompanied Grandma to work for a couple of hours.

On Saturday, Grandma and I took the kids to California Academy of Sciences in their costumes (by the way, Gerard was Indiana Jones and Aubrey was Cinderella). Aubrey was so excited that she was basically jumping in her stroller and screaming with joy. I had the parental task of chasing Gerard around who was also hyper and ran in every direction without a drop.

On Sunday, we realized there was a mouse problem in the house so we had to stay put and clean up a little while papa did some groceries. But by afternoon, we packed up and heard mass at St. Dominic's Church, then trick or treated in the area on Fillmore Street. There wasn't a mass of kids, but enough kids were out getting candy from businesses that were still open.

It was a very exhausting weekend for me, but I'm so happy both kids got a great Halloween experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment