Well, today, I finally stepped out into the sunlight for a cold walk that I needed. It's been 4 days since I've been in the hospital with Aubrey and haven't seen the sunlight. Brief walk, but it did the job.
On to much more exciting news, everything on Aubrey's face had been taken off, including the OG tube. She was given 30 mL of pedialyte water to start with and see how her system took it.... it took it well! Then she did 20 minutes of solid breastfeeding a couple of hours later, and so far, she's alright! Very big steps for Aubrey!!
We are staying another night to monitor how this feeding goes, and if all goes well, her IV comes off tonight. They haven't told us when we'd be going home but we'll wait for that right time because we don't want to go home and there are still problems. But everything is looking in the right direction.
0 comments:
Post a Comment