Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Out of ICU


We finally got to leave ICU and into a room that we can now share with Aubrey. This room is a lot less lonely! Especially now that we can sleep with her in the same room. She's still on IV, but that's pretty much it. No more oxygen, no more ventilator. Aubrey's making great progress.

The super nurses here have let me keep the pump and even brought the gamecube up to our room.... it wasn't even our request to have one in ICU, but nobody else was using it, so for some reason it followed us out of ICU. Papa might be pleased with that later when he comes here after work.

I'm a bit happier now with this progress, though the nurses and doctors in ICU were wonderful and so very helpful with EVERYTHING. To us, this means we're getting closer to being able to feed Aubrey.

The only bad news is that her jaundice level went up again. I'm hoping it goes down down down so she wouldn't have to go into photo therapy.

I've been kept entertained by friends (thanks guys!) via online chat and texting. Since Papa isn't here, the only conversations I have in person are with nurses regarding Aubrey. Another round of waiting, and I really hope we're getting closer to going home. I miss Gerard so much!!!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment