Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

He always makes me smile


Every day that I get to see my Gerard makes my day much better. He's such a good kid. Well behaved and ever curious. We are getting him to learn how to be a big brother by teaching him how to help me around the house. He's only 15 months old but is learning how to pick up items on (polite) demand. I will need his help when new baby comes in December. He likes to rub my tummy whenever I ask him about the new baby. I'm doing my best to introduce only the good things right now since he'll have every opportunity later to learn about the bad things later. But I feel that establishing good habits and manners at home now will go a long way, and so far, he's just on the track I want him to be. I would like for him to establish trust and friendship with those around him -- I've already noticed it's in his nature to be warm to most people, especially other kids. We need him to know how to treat other kids because he's getting a sibling soon, and I want him to be the brother she looks up to. I certainly don't want him to be the kid that other parents try to avoid at the playground because he's throwing sand around or pushing others. At some point, he will have to learn how to distinguish what's bad and good among those around him (and I can definitely tell that he's already distinguishing this with some people), and then learn how to deal with it. He's such a good, good kid that the love I have for him just keeps getting deeper when I see him grow up. He's certainly the future I look forward to having -- to see what kind of person he becomes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment