It feels like it!!
Walking up a slight hill seems like an awful challenge now. I'm extra slow too to preserve my energy. The other day I got into my car rather quickly and it kind of hurt my belly a little. Never doing that again. Reaching for my cell phone in the car is getting hard as well, and although I shouldn't even be reaching for my phone while driving, I'd have to keep it where I can easily grab it without leaning over.
I continue to read weekly developments on the internet, and it seems that sleeping lightly will be common from here on. No kidding! I have had urges to nap whenever I need it lately -- getting tired randomly throughout the day has picked up again. Sleeping early seems to be a nice thing also, but I wake up in the middle of the night for no reason. Last week, a little 3.1 jolt woke me up early in the morning. I have never woken up from a minor earthquake because I'm a deep sleeper by nature (the only one I know of in my family). What hasn't changed is that I still sleep through my alarm.
It hasn't helped much that sleeping positions have become annoying. I should really get a pregnancy pillow now. I feel so much discomfort on both sides, and I think that may be the biggest reason why I can't sleep well. I'm supposed to get a prenatal massage this coming weekend as my only pampering treat to myself this trimester. It also feels like my uterus pushes against my stomach when I lay on my left side. I woke up from a nap today (laying on my left) with a very numb stomach. But even when I'm up, my stomach feels numb.
The need to urinate frequently is back! This time I don't really mind it as much because it allows me to get up from sitting too long. Actually, many a time, it's Gerard's movements that cause my bladder to feel like I have to go. He pushes against it often.
Forgetfulness is still with me today, but not as bad as before. Heartburns are random and annoying as well, but surprisingly I'm able to ignore it for the most part.
Holding a guitar? It feels different! I will probably get back into songwriting much later on if and when inspiration burns again, but during my maternity leave I plan to do just two things (other than being a full time mom to Gerard): read my design books and learn Flash, and learn how to cook!!! Yuuuup. I'm not a domesticated female at all, but I should learn that skill once and for all. Luckily for us, papa Egan actually knows how to cook so our butts are fed.....but I'd like to help out with that duty.
Also -- contact lenses become harder to wear in the 3rd trimester. Very true for me as well. I may have to stop wearing them for the next 2 months.
That's all to share for now! We're doing good as far as meeting these timely pregnancy expectations I've been reading about since week 6.
0 comments:
Post a Comment