Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

Active little dude


The last few days have been about Gerard's much stronger movements. He kicks hard, he responds to my belly taps and movement, and responds to the way I sleep. I took a nap this afternoon and while sleeping on my left side, my shoulder started hurting so I turned to my right. Then he started moving in a way I've never felt until that moment, it was major shuffling in there. I turned back to my left to see if he preferred that position, but he kept making the same motions. So I turned back to my right because my left shoulder was really distressing. I hope all that calcium & protein I've been consuming are behind this.

I can't yet tell his response patterns when it comes to music and conversation noise. He randomly makes some kind of move when I'm talking, or when my boss is talking in a meeting, or when I'm listening to music. He has responded a couple of times to papa's taps on my belly. But he only does it after once or twice, then he stops responding. He'll probably the kind of kid who'll react to what his parents say the first time, then starts ignoring us the second time. Uh ohhhh. Hope I'm wrong.

I finally got started packing my hospital bag. Not quite done yet... I still need to wash some of his (new) clothing items before I pack those. Me being a germ freak, I have to wash even his brand new clothes before he wears them.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment