Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Responding to noise


As every family gathering goes, we watch a lot of movies. Today, for our new year gathering (which was rather boring) one of the movies we watched was Die Hard, Live Longer (or something like that). It had a lot of explosion and stuff, and my uncle's sound system is pimped out so not only could you hear the bass, but you feel it too. Apparently, Gerard felt it as well. He was kicking in startle everytime something exploded. On an unrelated (or kindof related) note, the bad guy in the movie was named Thomas Gabriel. That was a name we had thought of the day we found out we were having a boy. Thomas, Dylan, Gerard... were a few of the names we were going to pair with Gabriel. He's also been feeling heavier each day. Getting up from a chair, and in fact, just sitting down, feels a whole lot different now than a month ago. It's hard to sit on the floor, and whenever I get up it I definitely feel the extra weight from my belly. Last night, I had to sleep with a pillow under the side of stomach for the first time. I've read early on that the pillow really helps but I hadn't had the need for it until last night. I usually sleep on my left side, but my back was hurting that way and when I turned to my right side, my belly was drooping a lot more than I've ever noticed. Perhaps maybe, his head was weighing down on my right side which might be why it felt heavier. I've been bad and lazy about eating fruit as of late, and because of the holidays, I'm overwhelmed with chocolate around me. That's pretty much what I've been snacking on, and I don't even like chocolate all that much. Agghhh. Back to work tomorrow. Not.so.happy.about.that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment