Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Looking good there, baby!



We had two appointments yesterday. The morning was brief and quick with our OB, as we were listening to a great heart beat and got reassurance from Dr. Rittenhouse that cramps are normal and unless I'm feeling continuous pain, there's nothing to worry about. He also heard a kick as soon as he listened for the heart beat, but nothing that I felt -- but a good sign, nonetheless.
The afternoon appointment was for genetic testing, where we also got a better ultrasound (in 4D! with video!) and saw our little belly jean moving around. It was awesome to see it at this size since the last time we got an ultrasound it was just about 2cm and I barely made out anything past the head and body. We now got a measurement of 7cm from crown to rump, and a date of 13 weeks/1 day. Baby looks perfect and we saw its arms and legs, and back and neck and nice big head! We didn't see the face in 4D but sure enough it has eyes and a nose and a mouth and round cheeks =D So far, we're doing and feeling great!
We should be getting another ultrasound at the next appointment in about a month, and we'll definitely know if it's xx or xo. Whatever it is, we're happy that it's growing and learning to move its limbs around!
In other news, I have another month left of rockin' n rollin' before I take a long break from playing music. We have a long road ahead of us and while it was tough to accept the fact I'm putting down my bass for a good while, I'm happy to take it easy for baby. I have some 3 shows left and baby's going to experience them with me (though he/she won't know what's going on!) but someday I hope to share it when he or she is old enough to hold a guitar!

Egan has been a great source of help and support this whole time. He's been quite busy so it's just me updating the blog for now. He already has begun the conception of our own website -- something we've talked about doing long before as a photo blog/journal -- so that's another thing to look forward to. Yes, we're both hobby photographers and baby will be getting plentiful of papparazzi love from us.

Until the next update, we'll be here!

-Rio

0 comments:

Post a Comment