We imposed a new rule on the kids: they're not allowed to stand on the armrest or backrest of our couch. They like to do this, and it always riles us up. So everytime the rule is broken, they get a little spank. Well I did so to Aubrey because she hasn't gotten the rule yet. It was just a reminding slap on his fat thigh, it didn't hurt (enough) but she also ignored it as she kept at it.
Meanwhile, Gerard is looking at me a little upset and grudgingly says, "Don't spank Aubrey. Aubrey's my sister!" I think this is his phase.
Last week, he said something similar. We were in my paernts' van on the way home from The Little Bits' show, and Aubrey had just fallen asleep in the carseat. My dad turns from the passenger sear to see if she was awake, so he says "Aubrey? Are you awake?" And next to me in the last row of seats was Gerard, who whispered loudly to himself, "Don't wake up Aubrey, she's my sister!" I don't think my dad heard that but I was laughing my A off.
A couple of times already, I've heard him shout to other kids at the playground that Aubrey is his sister :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment