Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

She still remembers her owie!

Back in January, I got a call while I was working offsite in Milpitas that my dad was taking Aubrey to the ER for an injury. She had caught her finger on an exercise bike and my parents couldn't tell how deep the cut was, so they figure for her safety, she better go to ER. I acknowledged this and called Egan right away to go meet them there. I didn't get to leave Milpitas at all until 5pm (I had to wait for my ride).

Well, her cut was a little deep but Egan wasn't happy with how the hospital handled it. In fact, neither am I. They made her wait until they could see her, on the basis that, there were patients who had more serious conditions. FINE -- understood. But what irked us the most was they wouldn't discharge her upon Egan's request, who felt that he could have just helped Aubrey himself.

She had to wear a bandage that we were replacing twice a day for a couple of weeks. I have a weak stomach, and couldn't bear to be the one to change her bandage. Egan MADE me do it one time because as a mother, I had to face it. I felt guilt over me that she even had this cut, and I had to suck my breath in during the process.

Now that Aubrey's finger is healed and sealed, she still remembers how she had a bandage on there. The cutiepie always asks for a "manaid" whenever she hears her brother asking for a bandaid over his owies. To amuse them, we just put a bandaid where they want it. I don't know why they like it so much, but they do. When asked where her owie is, Aubrey will present her finger that used to bear the cut. I'm amazed she even remembered it, and which finger it was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment