Our house is full of words lately.
Aubrey has been babbling a lot of "mamamama" and "papapapapa" and more recently, "babbeh" or maybe it's "bah-bah" (bye bye?) She is in a very clingy stage only with me! When I leave the room, she cries so much! She knows when I get home from work too. Whenever I pick her up from grandma's, I'm told her attitude changes towards the grands--as if she's ignoring them and waiting for me to come any minute. <3 I love that girl!
Gerard, on the other hand, has been saying more and more words in his sentences. The other day he did a 7-word phrase: Papa have one. Gerard want one too." Well, that's 2 complete sentences! He was referring to an old photo of his father where he has all his toys laid out, and the central piece is a gigantic firetruck. So Gerard saw a drawing of a firetruck in his book, and he said that. What he meant is he wants that big firetruck too, even though he already has 2 of them (though not as big). It's actually a funny backstory: the time he first saw that photo, he started crying (fake cry, no tears) and whined how he wanted the firetruck in it. I mean, the kid really said the words clearly.
I'm looking forward to more words from Aubrey and more complexed phrases from Gerard. They are both picking up on things so fast at their individual levels! I am a proud mama =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment