I often think back to my carefree days when I had no responsibilities. Fun times, indeed.
But I'm slowly accepting the facts of life that come with aging. And along the way, I begin to understand why I appreciate the little things that I never looked at before.
Number one being: good health. I am scared to wits about having to leave my kids unexpectedly. I am also scared to wits about ever losing them. Nightmares that most normal parents don't ever want to go through. Having kids sure got me on a better track. I credit them for saving me from self destruction, as I now have something I believe I have to live and work hard for. These days, I'm just grateful for another day, another day to see my family, another day to see my family in bliss.
So come birthday time, there is nothing more I want than good health for my loved ones. It means so much more to say it now than when I didn't have the capability to care as a younger person. But I don't need to wait for my birthday to wish for this. I wish for it everyday. Thank you, God.
0 comments:
Post a Comment