Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Parenthood vs. childhood

When we were kids, we were disappointed with receiving clothes as boring gifts. Even money was boring, especially when it was meant to be tucked into savings instead of spending on toys. Honestly I don't remember what happened to any of the money I received growing up. Did my parents keep them or did I actually get to spend them?

As a parent now, we use the money our kids receive for our daily needs. But we buy them clothes and food with it. We had/have a savings account for Gerard, but it's not currently being invested in monthly. Times are tough. We use every dime for our needs today. Unfortunately, we haven't opened an account for Aubrey yet. I don't know when we will be able to.

Now what brings me to write this is that I just saw a TV commercial by Gerber for life insurance. We have been receiving mail for them about this as well. Life insurance. What every person needs. I have one, and now my husband has one. The kids don't have one yet. But as they grow into older kids, they might hate us or their grandparents for putting in money into life insurance every birthday, every Christmas. But from a parent's point of view, it's one of the things I want for them. But from a child's point of view, I'm sure they'd rather we spend on toys and recreation.

Every parent deals with financial trouble. Atleast, us parents who are making a modest living at the most. We all know the way through this is good financial management, which I think I possess. But I am a worrying mother, that's just how I became to be. Now, of course, I won't deprive the kids of toys either. I still love kids' toys. So I'm going to have to continue managing our finances and make sure everything is covered and they are happy. That's really what the bottom line is of what parenthood means to me. It's all love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment