Being a parent is comparable to the movement that of a Nascar crew, or a burglar. Eh?
When I've got two young kids at the table, it's a fiesta of cries, laughter, warnings and good food. Oh, and a whole lot of mess. Our toddler Gerard is the master behind the mess (his little sister Aubrey, who is only 2 months of age as of this writing, will soon follow). When we have our meals together, I often feel like I work as a Nascar crewmember... I eat fast, wash my utensils and plates fast, keep him busy with dessert so I can wash his plate and utensils, and then finally clean up his mess.
And when it's naptime, I have both kids sleeping in the same bed. I often find myself crawling out with the most silence I've ever heard just to not wake up Aubrey. Yes, for sure, I have learned to move like a burglar.
0 comments:
Post a Comment