It is with much pride and joy that we announce, after 14 months since birth, that Aubrey is finally walking! While we didn't invest in much time teaching her how to walk, I got a little concerned that at 12 months, she wasn't picking it up on her own nor was she showing signs that she wanted to walk. We gave her more time to do it naturally, but she relied too much on crawling.
We then began to encourage her to walk more, and she much preferred to try with her indoor shoes on. Then one morning at the Farmer's Market, I let her walk while holding my hand. She enjoyed walking that she got mad when I picked her up, and when her brother tried to hold her hand. Later that day, we took her to the Marina park, and there, she really went off at it. She walked long distances on her own, and since then, she's been more courageous about walking.
Go Aubrey!
0 comments:
Post a Comment