Baby growth is unbelievably cool. I look at pictures of Gerard's first few minutes of earth life, and I look at him now. He looks so different, but in my eyes, it doesn't seem like he changed all that much! Yes he's bigger and chubbier and have rounder eyes, but his growth seemed to have passed me so fast because he's just been this little baby I saw everyday (minus the days I had to be away in work-related circumstances and when we moved from one apartment to another), and voila, here he is continuously growing and changing in many ways. My project this winter is to finally start compiling his pictures -- from first newborn minutes to the first week, to the first month to the third month to the sixth month and so on till today. I will periodically update these as the months go by. Sooner or later, I'll be on this 12th birthday! Jeez, the speed of time when life is busy is too freaking fast. He has adjusted himself to go to bed at 8pm, though sometimes it's a bit later. He is still a bit random with his sleep pattern. He can go from 3 hours of sleep at a time to 8 hours. Even when he goes for 8 hours, his early bedtime results in an early wake up call for me (and/or Egan). Sunday is usually our only day together at home -- Egan doesn't have a Monday-Friday schedule but I do -- and I like to try to sleep in. But there are some Sundays Gerard will wake up at 5am and not go back to sleep again! Even when I try to cuddle him or ignore him, he gets me up earlier than I really want to. But hey, mommyhood is going well and I'm enjoying most of it! As for the rest that I don't enjoy, it's really just being sleep and time deprived of the other things I used to have time for. Oh well! It's a worthy trade off, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Winter project
Baby growth is unbelievably cool. I look at pictures of Gerard's first few minutes of earth life, and I look at him now. He looks so different, but in my eyes, it doesn't seem like he changed all that much! Yes he's bigger and chubbier and have rounder eyes, but his growth seemed to have passed me so fast because he's just been this little baby I saw everyday (minus the days I had to be away in work-related circumstances and when we moved from one apartment to another), and voila, here he is continuously growing and changing in many ways. My project this winter is to finally start compiling his pictures -- from first newborn minutes to the first week, to the first month to the third month to the sixth month and so on till today. I will periodically update these as the months go by. Sooner or later, I'll be on this 12th birthday! Jeez, the speed of time when life is busy is too freaking fast. He has adjusted himself to go to bed at 8pm, though sometimes it's a bit later. He is still a bit random with his sleep pattern. He can go from 3 hours of sleep at a time to 8 hours. Even when he goes for 8 hours, his early bedtime results in an early wake up call for me (and/or Egan). Sunday is usually our only day together at home -- Egan doesn't have a Monday-Friday schedule but I do -- and I like to try to sleep in. But there are some Sundays Gerard will wake up at 5am and not go back to sleep again! Even when I try to cuddle him or ignore him, he gets me up earlier than I really want to. But hey, mommyhood is going well and I'm enjoying most of it! As for the rest that I don't enjoy, it's really just being sleep and time deprived of the other things I used to have time for. Oh well! It's a worthy trade off, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
0 comments:
Post a Comment