It's been a busy last couple of weeks, now that I have to really watch what I eat and we have finally found our own nest.
Work is keeping me busy on top of that.
We saw Dr. Rittenhouse last week, and we mostly just discussed medical care options. My health benefits only cover me, and dependents cost a little too much so we have to explore alternatives out there that won't rip our pockets apart. He said I can work up until I give birth when asked the best time I should go on my leave. I agree to the extent that I would rather use my maternity leave after birth because such time is limited. I do need to go back to work soon after birth (which I hate to have to do), but am currently looking at options to make this easier on me and my work contribution.
Before Dr. R, we had our first meeting with my dietitian who reviewed my eating habit and is putting me on a better track to improve my gestational diabetes. It sucks to be on this diet. I'm tempted by all kinds of junk food I miss. I see her again tomorrow, and every two weeks (I think) until birth. We are scheduled for an ultrasound (though I wish we didn't have to anymore) to check on Gerard's size and weight. Maybe we'll get to see his face, but I was hoping there would be no more ultrasounds at this point because of (known and unknown) risks it has on him. I will have to see Dr. R every two weeks as well. I have to figure out my work schedule so it doesn't get too crazy but thankfully I work with people who are flexible and fully understand what I have to do.
We are now at our new apartment, everything is well unpacked, and I still have more things to get from my parents' house. It's tiring to unpack with all the bending down and pushing of boxes I shouldn't be doing, but sometimes I can't help it. I just want things to get cleared and de-cluttered right away. We barely even have any furniture but we can't get them until the living room is cleaned. I estimate another few weeks before that happens.
Big thanks to our friends and parents for helping us make this transition as smooth as possible.
Before I forget, my family threw a baby shower for us over the weekend. We came unintentionally late because that was also the same day we were signing the apartment lease and the agent had almost forgot about meeting us, so he was late. We received all kinds of nice gifts (I think we're well covered with the newborn diapers), so a BIG HUG to our friends and family for their support and love.
There is much more work to do so I'll end this journal here for now. Hopefully the next time I get to write, we have a little more room in this nest!
P.S. Gerard seems to be "sleeping" a lot as I can only feel him move sporadically. I am getting a lot more contractions lately. Harder and more frequent!
0 comments:
Post a Comment